1. Look at photos from Myanmar to figure out what others where in that climate
2. For Malaria get Artequin, a rapid active succession of pills for the possibility that you get malaria. Also, wait until you are in another country to get this, it will be significantly less expensive.
3. Be sure to bring plug adapters, check which ones are needed
4. Along with that be sure to check the voltage in Myanmar, it is most likely different than the US and will probably blow some electronic devices with small motors that you bring.
5. Bring any and all over-the-counter medicine with you that you use at all.
6. Don't drink any water that is not bottled.
7. Be careful with raw vegetables and fruits without peals.
8. Bring seeds for specific produce and/or herbs that you would want to grow.
9. Be aware and distant from people who are coughing or looking ill.
We left our conversation with the grand promises of seeing each other in the near future, be it Tanzania, Burma, or somewhere in between.